If you are facing assault charges? I am Minnesota assault lawyer Mark Herman and I will defend your rights and protect your future. The initial consultation is FREE.
Assault Lawyer Serving Minneapolis
Any assault charge can have very serious consequences, including jail time. You need an experienced Minneapolis Assault Lawyer to represent you who will analyze your case and prepare a defense that will give you the best chance of fighting and winning your case in court. Call or e-mail me today for a free consultation.
– You can be charged with assault if you punch, or are involved in a fight with someone.
– You can be charged with assault without having actually hit anyone.
– You can be charged with assault for just threatening someone with physical harm.
– You can be charged with assault if you commit an act with intent to cause fear of bodily harm in another, or if you intentionally inflict or attempt to inflict bodily harm upon another.
– You can be charged with assault if you get into a fight, even if you didn’t start it.
A Domestic assault charge is heartbreaking and sometimes the most unfair. Domestic assault is an alleged assault against a family member. Family members include:
– spouses and former spouses;
– parents and children;
– persons related by blood;
– persons who are presently residing together or who have resided together in the past;
– persons who have a child in common regardless of whether they have been married or have lived together at any time;
– a man and woman if the woman is pregnant and the man is alleged to be the father, regardless of whether they have been married or have lived together at any time; and
– persons involved in a significant romantic or sexual relationship.
A Domestic assault charge can be brought against a family member if there is a misunderstanding and one family member, by the actions of another family member, is made to feel afraid of being injured.
Assault charges and penalties vary depending on the facts of the situation and the severity of any injuries.
– Fifth Degree assault : Domestic Violence/Abuse: Misdemeanor;
– Fourth Degree assault : assaulting a police officer: Gross Misdemeanor;
– Third Degree assault : assault and infliction of substantial bodily harm, also assaulting a minor: Felony;
– Second Degree assault : assault with a dangerous weapon: Felony;
– First Degree assault : Infliction of great bodily harm or use of deadly force: Felony.
If someone files an assault charge against you, and you are arrested, you’ll need an attorney to help explain what happened, and why the charges should be dropped. You will need an attorney that understands how to mount a proper defense against the charges. In cases where there was ultimately no serious injury, I’ll work to get the charges reduced, to take the most serious consequences off the table whenever possible.